Thursday, August 2, 2012

Zucchini Soup

My first pin is from Lil' Luna.  Zucchini Soup. It looked good and simple.  Something right up my alley.

I feel like an allrecipes.com reviewer with this.  When I started making it (yes I don't read before making usually) I realized it used  more oil than I would.  I cut down the oil to 3 T, though normally I would have done only 1 or 2, especially with the high water content of zucchini & onions. 

Kristyn doesn't like onions so she used onion salt. She said if you wanted to you could cook onions with the meat or zucchini.  I cooked a diced medium onion with the sausage.

When I got it together I was excited to try it.  I found it kind of bland.  So I added some garlic.  Still wasn't enough for me.  Maybe I'm getting old and losing my taste buds! I know the oil would have added some flavor had I used more, but not the flavor I felt it was missing. So I tossed in some pizza seasoning and then I really liked it.

With the seasoning the soup got mixed reviews.  Gavin (11) didn't like it. Well, he said he didn't like it, but his actions showed he was neutral and I think he has something against zucchini. Krista (14) and Brady (17) were so so on it.  Rex and I liked it.

Verdict: I'd make it again, but it HAS to have extra seasoning.


No comments:

Post a Comment